Home cobalt testing kit for toxicity, poisoning and contamination in water and the human body.
Test saliva and urine if you are concerned about pollution exposure.
Toxic effects of cobalt heavy metal contamination can be poisonous, ingestion of is dangerous and can lead to illness and in some case be fatal.
You could be suffering from cobalt poisoning symptoms, simple home health check to see your exposure levels.
Check your body for cobalt with heavy metal hair mineral analysis a simple test to check for a whole range of heavy metals.
Toxicity heavy metal poisoning symptoms
Cobalt poisoning is the intoxication which takes place when the levels of cobalt or a compound containing it increase to levels that are unsafe.
Cobalt is a naturally occurring substance in the human body in minute amounts and forms part of the structure of Vitamin B12 . However, when concentrations increase beyond a safe limit it is highly toxic and can cause death.
Several studies have shown that cobalt compounds can increase the risk of respiratory problems, and can be a contributing factor to hard metal lung disease.
It is also thought to increase free radicals in the body, which in turn may then cause the production of further free radicals which can result in oxidative stress that leads to DNA and cellular protein damage. Studies also suggest that it can decreases synthesis of several enzymes.
- 1 Colour strip on box of the kit
- 1 Test Instruction Sheet
- 1 Large Test-tube
- 1 Indicator stick
- 1 Pipette
- 1 Litmus paper - to cut into a few pieces
- 1 vial with clear cap - Reagent 1 (contains an acid and care must be taken as it is corrosive - please avoid contact with skin or eyes)
The test kit should be stored in a cool place - 12C to 20C.
- Remove the indicator stick and small vial from the large test tube
- In the empty large test-tube, add 5 ml. of the solution to be tested
- The solution is now ready for testing
Conducting the test, full instructions included in kit
- Add the required volume of the sample solution (saliva, water, urine, etc) to be tested for cobalt into the test tube
- A colour change will indicate the presence of cobalt (chart on label of kit).
Result is measured accurately in parts per million. Tests the presence of ions of cobalt to a high degree of accuracy to detect contamination in the body, water, urine and saliva
Please keep in a safe place away from the reach of children or pets.
Once the test has been completed dispose of the solution safely by flushing down the toilet.
The contents of the kit should not come in to contact with food or consumables.
Wash hands after use.